Benefits Offered: Medical, 401K, Life, Dental, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Civil Engineer we seek will use their focused water/wastewater expertise to drive complex municipal projects from initial concept and design to implementation in a fast-paced environment.
The chosen candidate will:
- Serve as project manager and design for municipal projects in New Jersey.
- Develop design drawings and specification packages of design according to proposal specifications including water and wastewater.
- Directly manage all aspects of the project including the design, surveying, permitting, implementation, construction, scheduling, etc.
- Interface and develop a rapport and positive relationship with client, co-workers, contractors, suppliers, government officials and regulatory agencies.
- Manage and help prepare Project Budgets and Cost Control on both the project level and company level.
- Negotiate and communicate with clients, regulatory agencies and staff.
Necessary skills include:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or related field. PE certification desired, but not required.
- More than 7 years of experience in Civil Engineering services working with municipalities and county programs in the NY/NJ/PA region.
- Direct, hands-on, recent experience with AutoCAD software, preferred but not required.
- Background as a project manager/project designer with a small to mid-sized consulting/engineering firm.
- Project experience in municipal engineering, water and wastewater treatment, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience with local public contracts law, permitting, and the advertising/bid process of proposals and grants related to municipal development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proven experience with client/contractor management, ability to mitigate issues as they arise, and develop win-win solutions.
- Deadline-oriented, organized and easy-going professional who is comfortable being an agile, hands-on generalist in an entrepreneurial, busy business.